The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Other services include a diagnostic imaging department, company care (a worker’s compensation program), and an outpatient rehabilitation facility.
The Diagnostic Imaging (Radiology) Department includes services such as X-Ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerized Tomography (CT), Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, Ultrasound, and Special Procedures.
The laboratory uses state-of-the-art equipment to provide the most accurate results possible for Lab Tests that the doctor orders, including Complete Blood Count (CBC), Glucose (Blood Sugar), Cholesterol, and many others. Within our Laboratory, are the following departments:
- Phlebotomy collects blood specimens within the hospital. We also have a new outpatient lab testing service.
- Hematology performs CBC and Urinalysis testing. This department uses the microscope to identify different types of cells.
- Microbiology deals with identifying bacteria that a patient may be infected with. Special incubators are used to grow the bacteria (cultures) before they can be identified.
- Chemistry tests the liquid portion (plasma) of the blood for different types of chemicals, such as: medications, thyroid hormone levels, electrolytes, and many more.
- Pathology deals with diagnosing the abnormal changes in tissues removed from surgical procedures.
Putnam Community Medical Center is proud to offer our patients and community opportunities to learn more about their health and wellness issues. Health care professionals are available to provide individual instruction on a variety of topics. The PCMC Education Department has literature and videos on many health issues for adults and children. If you would like more information please call (904) 326-7761.
Our Rehab Department offers skilled evaluation and comprehensive treatments by experienced Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists. These services are offered in our Acute Care Hospital, Skilled Nursing Unit, and Outpatient Facility.
Our facility at Putnam Community Medical Center is designed with the patient’s needs in mind, using methods and equipment that ensure safety during rehabilitation exercises. Rehabilitation can greatly benefit patients who suffer from these and other difficulties:
- Inability to function in the home environment
- Cognitive and perceptual deficits
- Swallowing difficulties
- Speech and communication problems
- Impaired balance and coordination
- Weakness and limited motion in arms, legs, and trunk
The Respiratory Care Department offers a wide array of services by our skilled and dedicated staff. These services are offered in our Acute Care Hospital, Skilled Nursing Unit and Outpatient Facility.
A club so exclusive...it takes 50 years to get in! The National Association of Senior Friends offers a wide array of healthy living programs and healthcare discounts - all designed for adults age 50 and over. A paid membership program, with more than 1,650 members located in Putnam County, Putnam Community Medical Center's Chapter of Senior Friends is part of a strong national network of more than 240 chapters and 330,000 members. Call extension 5566 today for additional information about joining Senior Friends.